Anua offers fully-packaged Platinum wastewater treatment systems for single-family homes as well as for small communities and commercial projects.
The key features of the Platinum submerged aerated filter (SAF) system are the robust treatment, low power consumption and reduced maintenance compared to conventional activated biomass plants.
Platinum is the perfect choice for homes, small communities and commercial projects due to:
- Underground installation, including blower and low profile access covers
- Plug-n-play, all-in-one package includes primary tank, aeration chamber with SAF media and secondary settlement (clarifier) zone, blower and piping
- Strong fiberglass tank stucturally tested to multiple stringent standards
- Submerged aerated filter with no by-pass of media
- Integrated biomass return from clarifier to primary tank
- Discharge pump can be incorporated into the clarifier
- Denitrification and high-strength waste configurations available
How it works
Wastewater from the home flows into the primary chamber. Initial settlement and separation of gross solids occurs. A biomass layer is formed at the bottom of the tank. This layer will need to be removed periodically. The settled effluent passes forward for treatment in the biological zone.
Submerged aerated filter (SAF)
The media in the treatment zone provide a large surface area on which naturally occurring bacteria can develop. The bacteria require oxygen which is supplied by a linear low-pressure compressor beneath the media bed. The microorganisms which develop reduce the levels of biological oxygen demand (BOD). Suspended solids (SS) and ammonia (NH3) in the effluent reach a 25:30 mg/l BOD:TSS standard.
Final settlement tank
As the bacteria in the SAF dies off, it falls away from the media and is passed forward to the final settlement tank where it settles out, further reducing the level of suspended solids in the final effluent. Design features include a benched bottom to ensure concentrated settlement, and a biomass return system that sends biomass back to the first stage of the primary settlement tank.
There is a tertiary treatment option whereby the Platinum wastewater treatment system is followed by the Puraflo® peat fiber biofilter. This treatment will achieve a 5:5 mg/l BOD:TSS standard.
Features & benefits
|High-performance process||Results in an efficient and thorough treatment of wastewater|
|Environmentally sensitive||Small footprint|
|Low power consumption||Low operating cost|
|Below ground construction||Does not take up valuable yard space or leave unsightly equipment exposed|
|Minimal maintenance||Low total cost of ownership and greater peace-of-mind|
Brochures & documentation
Download our product overview, engineering and technical specifications for the product that is most relevant to your needs:
- Platinum Commercial Overview
- Platinum Commercial Technical Specifications
- Platinum Residential Overview
- Platinum Residential Technical Specifications
- Platinum Installation Manual
- Platinum Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Platinum Standards Comparison
Download our informational one sheets: